Seafood Spaghetti with tomato and Skyros Creamy lemon sauce.
This is a versatile recipe. Feel free to use your preferred pasta and any mix of seafood
1 454g package of Spaghetti or any other pasta
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter or unsalted butter
1 small onion finely chopped
4 cloves garlic
1/4-1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes to taste
1 28-ounce can diced peeled tomatoes
Salt and Black pepper
1/2 lb large shrimp
1/2 lb mussels
1/2 lb calamari
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon Skyros Creamy Lemon Sauce
¼ cup shredded pecorino romano cheese
1. Bring a large pot heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 2 tablespoon butter over a medium heat. Add the chopped onion and cook for approximately 4 to 5 minutes, until golden and softened.
2. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for approximately 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste and oregano. Simmer over low heat for approximately 10 to 15 minutes until sauce thickens.
4. While the sauce is simmering, cook the spaghetti in a large pot of hot salted water and the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil according to package directions.
5. Add calamari to the sauce and cook for approximately 1 to 2 minutes. Add mussels and shrimp and cook for a further 1 to 3 minutes until opaque and the mussels open.
6. Stir in Skyros Cream Lemon Sauce.
7. Drain the pasta and combine tomato seafood sauce to the paste. Sauté them together for approximately 1 to 2 minutes.
8. Serve topped with shredded pecorino romano cheese.